You can help build the next great brand by pursuing a creative and problem-solving career through the online Bachelor of Science (B.S.). SNHU offers a Marketing Degree.
The online marketing program will help you improve your brand management, communication, consumer behavior, professional sales, digital marketing, and market research skills. Earning your online bachelor’s degree in marketing will prepare you for various careers in this ever-changing field.
There are two options for focusing your degree:
- Social media: Make your brand known to new customers, build loyalty and increase revenue through new media. Learn how to create content and campaign strategies for some of the most influential platforms in the world.
- Learn how to market your brand digitally.
By taking advantage of the 12 significant electives and 15 electives, you can customize your online marketing degree to suit your interests. You can tailor your degree to suit your interests. Electives allow you to diversify your learning experience and give you a broad online marketing degree.
Competitive marketing is a competitive field. Candidates who have learned on-the-job skills are more likely to be successful. SNHU believes you should have real-world experience and the skills necessary to succeed. You can benefit from either an internship or experiential learning with the help of SNHU faculty and academic and career advisors.
- Use data to determine a product’s position in the market
- Recommendations for both internal and externe marketing strategies
- Create marketing plans that are aligned with the company’s mission, objectives, or goals
- Communicate effectively with customers and companies
- Use legal and ethical principles for marketing goals
- Work together across different environments to create, capture and deliver value
Students in this program who take elective or required courses can earn industry certifications like the HubSpot Social Media Certification. This could increase your employment potential and give you the tools to influence conversations about businesses and build brand loyalty. You can also benefit from industry-relevant certifications through other courses in the degree program.
Pathway to Accelerated BS to M.S. Pathway: Get your M.S. You can get your M.S. in Marketing faster. This program allows you to:
- Get a lower tuition rate and save money by Enrol in up to 2 graduate-level courses (6 credits) while you are enrolled in your bachelor’s degree program online.
- Use your graduate credits to get your online master’s in just one year.
Talk to an academic advisor if you are interested in accelerated degrees. These educational requirements must be met:
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Minimum of 90 credits
- Complete all significant requirements/coursework, including a capstone
- Learn about the waiver provisions for the related graduate courses
Marketing (B.S. Marketing (B.S.)
A Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing can help you target the right audience online. Students in the online marketing program can use this concentration to enhance their digital marketing skills, including search engine marketing, digital analytics, and brand optimization. This route will allow you to learn how to understand the mobile environment and analyze metrics that can help your company develop more robust campaigns.
The digital marketing concentration at SNHU covers all aspects of digital marketing. This concentration will teach students digital marketing strategies and analytics and how to increase brand awareness using current technologies and platforms.
Marcio Moerbeck is adjunct faculty at SNHU. He says, “Emails, website, display ads and social media… there are many platforms in digital marketing.” Students learn digital marketing through the lens of branding, thought leadership, and engagement.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual salary for managers of advertising and promotions was $133380 in May 2021. This opens up many career opportunities in digital marketing. If numbers and research are your interests, you might consider a career that involves data analysis or research. If you want to develop your creativity, you might consider a career in digital advertising and brand strategy.
This concentration could lead to marketing, content writing, and SEO management jobs.
Courses may include:
- Mobile Marketing
- SEO vs. SEM
- Digital Advertising
- Digital Analytics
Marketing (B.S. Marketing (B.S.)
The BS in Marketing and a concentration in Social Media Marketing program teaches students how social media trends can be applied to build brand awareness, analyze metrics and create marketing strategies. Students will learn how to enhance customer experience and strengthen the relationship between product and customer through the social media marketing concentration.
These platforms, which include Instagram and Facebook, as well as Twitter and Google Analytics, are more than just tools; they allow you to engage with consumers and track their behavior.
Concentrating on social media marketing will put you at the forefront of the social media revolution. Social media is becoming a vital tool for brands and businesses to connect with customers emotionally.
This concentration can be added to your degree to prepare you for roles in community management, social media strategy, and analytics.
Courses may include:
- Social Media Marketing Strategy
- Social Media Campaign
- Digital Advertising
- Writing for New Media
A bachelor’s degree in marketing could give you the necessary skills to work in various marketing positions, from entry-level to mid-level. This will open up many doors in the world of marketing. Your days could be spent developing marketing campaigns, managing sales teams, conducting market research, or using data to improve business performance.
Dr. Jessica Rogers, associate dean at Southern New Hampshire University. “Over the past few years, there has been an increase in the number and quality of job postings for these jobs. “
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, advertising, promotions, and marketing managers’ employment opportunities are expected to rise by 10% between now and 2030.1
This is good news for Jolene Stanetz ’21, who has chosen a path.
She stated that one of her career goals was to become a marketing director. “I would like to work for an international company. This degree will help me build that foundation. “
These are some of the possible career paths that you can pursue with an online bachelor’s degree in marketing at SNHU:
- Marketing Manager: Responsible for coordinating marketing efforts using best practices, developing pricing structures, managing overall marketing strategies, and overseeing product development.
- Social Media Manager: Small businesses and large corporations can use social media to communicate with their customers. This includes advertising new products and strengthening brand identity. It also helps to build brand loyalty.
- Market research analyst: You will spend time researching market conditions to predict how products perform. According to BLS, this job is expected to grow by 22% through 2030. The median annual salary for this position is $63,920 in May 2021.
- Product manager: Form and maintain the brand’s overall direction. Work closely with vendors to gain performance insight and collaborate with advertising agencies to manage long-term campaigns.
- Media planner: Determine the channels to communicate a brand’s or product’s objectives to its target audience. You will be a media planner and help maximize advertising campaigns’ reach.
- Manager of advertising and promotions: You will work closely with department heads to create advertising budgets, contracts, media plans, and media plans. You might be interested in planning ad campaigns, meeting clients to discuss campaign strategy, and working closely with media planners to create a budget, strategic placements, and promotions. This could be the right path for you.
- Business Development Manager: To identify and implement growth opportunities, market demand assessments, strategic maneuvers, and relationship building are necessary.
- Nonprofit funding: If you have a knack for knowledge and a passion for helping people, you might consider a grassroots approach to nonprofit fundraising.
Courses & Curriculum
The BS in Marketing degree prepares you for a career as a marketer. You can build a vital skill set for many marketing segments by completing core courses in digital marketing, professional sales, marketing research, consumer behavior, and brand management.
A 10-course core business course will also be completed, covering the foundational business disciplines of management and international business.
Your marketing capstone is where you will showcase the skills that you have learned in all your courses. You will solve real-world problems by developing, implementing, and managing strategic marketing plans.
You can use your knowledge and skills in the field with the SNHU marketing program. You can choose to take either an internship or an experiential learning course. You will work with real businesses in both cases to learn from them.
Curriculum Requirements & Resources
- Business core: Business programs require that learners complete the Business Core program. This includes a variety of business-specific courses. This program is focused on ten core competencies that will prepare you for success wherever and whenever you go.
- All bachelor’s students must enroll in general education courses if they do not have any prior coursework. These courses will teach you to think critically, create and collaborate, giving you the edge employers seek.
- Technology resources: Some courses offer cloud-based virtual environments. This will allow you to access the technology needed to complete your degree or career. Find out more about our virtual environments.
- You can earn math credits for things you already know. Save time and money with our Pathways to Math Success assessments. You could earn up to 9 math credits by demonstrating your knowledge of the material in your math course. Each review costs less than $50
Frequently Asked Question
Can you get a marketing degree online?
You sure can!
Online marketing degrees can be easier for adults because you have control over your schedule.
Studying online is an excellent option for many reasons.
Online degrees can often be more affordable than traditional classroom education. Bailey also transferred from another school because of the high cost.
He said that he felt he was paying too much for what appeared to be a poor marketing education at his previous school.
It is worth looking into online degrees because of their affordability and ease.
What does an online marketing degree cost you?
Online degrees are known for being affordable. A nonprofit university will grant you an online degree. This means the money you spend on your education is reinvested into the programs, and you are not making a profit.
The tuition rate for Southern New Hampshire University undergraduate programs is $320 per credit, including our online marketing degree.
However, each student’s situation will determine the total tuition cost. One hundred twenty credits are required for a BS in Marketing at SNHU. Many of our students can transfer credits, saving you a lot of money.
SNHU will accept up to 90 credits toward your bachelor’s degree. You can only earn $9,600 if you bring a total of 90 credits.
Talking to an admission counselor at SNHU can help you figure out what degree you might be able to transfer and what your cost could be.
Are marketing degrees in demand?
Yes! According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, a bachelor’s degree in marketing management is necessary for most positions because a degree program can help you develop the industry’s analytical, decision-making, and interpersonal skills.
According to the BLS, marketing managers are expected to increase employment by 10% between 2030 and 2025.
This means that there could be an additional 300,000 jobs in the timeframe.
You will need to stand out to achieve the position you desire.
How fast can I get my marketing degree?
The speed at which you can obtain a marketing degree will depend on several factors, including your previous educational background and whether you enroll in a full-time or part-time program.
Most students generally take two to four years to complete a bachelor’s degree in marketing. However, if you have already earned a bachelor’s degree in another field, you may be able to complete a marketing degree in as little as one year.
What are the various types of marketing degrees?
The various types of marketing degrees are as follows:
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing: This degree provides students with a solid foundation in marketing principles and practices. It prepares students for marketing research, advertising, sales, and management careers.
- Master of Science in Marketing: This degree builds on the foundation established in the bachelor’s degree program. It provides advanced training in marketing theory and practice and prepares students for marketing management and consulting careers.
Why study marketing?
Marketing is the process of creating value for a company through the creation and distribution of products or services. It is an essential function in any business and can be used to create and maintain a competitive advantage.
Marketing is also a dynamic and complex field constantly evolving, making it an exciting and challenging area of study. There are many different marketing strategies and tools that can be used to achieve success, and marketing professionals must be able to understand and utilize these effectively.
Is it worth getting a marketing degree?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the value of a marketing degree depends on individual circumstances. However, a marketing degree can generally benefit those seeking to enter or advance their career within the industry.
Marketing degrees provide students with essential theoretical and practical knowledge of marketing concepts and strategies. Additionally, marketing programs typically offer opportunities to gain real-world experience through internships or other hands-on learning experiences.
What types of jobs are possible with a marketing degree?
There are many possible career paths for marketing degree holders. Some typical roles include marketing managers, sales managers, brand managers, advertising and promotions managers, market research analysts, and public relations specialists.
Marketing degree holders may also find jobs in e-commerce, digital marketing, content marketing, and product management. The skills learned through a marketing degree program are also transferable to many other industries, making marketing a versatile field of study.